Why Good Posture Matters
Your posture is important for a variety of reasons. One is that it reduces strain on muscles and ligaments we use to support movements. Without good posture, we wouldn’t be able to maintain our daily activities and it may even cause more serious health issues.
Results of Poor Posture
If you don’t do your best to practice good posture, you may run into many bones and joint issues that will need chiropractic care and realignment down the road. Many who don’t take care of their posture are seen by our chiropractors because they are experiencing muscle strain, pain, and overuse disorders. There are very simple and everyday tips you can use to practice good posture and you will feel the benefits in no time!
Tips to Improve Posture
Whether you are sitting, standing or lying down, there are many ways that you can work on getting a good posture. As you practice more and more, you will gradually begin to see the changes in your daily activities. Here are a few tips for improving your posture.
- Feet should be flat on the floor with your ankles in front of your knees
- Try not to cross your legs
- Your lower and mid back range should be supported – adjust your chair or get a back support
- Your feet should be about shoulder-width apart
- Keep your stomach tucked in
- Adjust your feet so that the weight falls mostly on the balls of your feet
- Get a mattress that is comfortable for you
- Try not to sleep on your stomach
- Use a good pillow made for postural issues
How Chiropractic Treatment Can Correct your Body’s Alignment
Utah Accident Clinic in Provo, UT can assist you in correcting posture. Our team of doctors will recommend exercises designed to strengthen your core muscles. We can help you learn the correct posture for your daily activities, reducing your risk of injury. This is especially important following an accident, where muscles are weakened due to injury. Call Utah Accident Clinic today to start your chiropractic treatment program, (801) 225-4772.
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Spinal Manipulation
- Soft Tissue Healing
- Muscle Stretching Therapy
- Healing Massage Therapy
- In-House Physical Therapy
Utah Accident Clinic:
1774 N University Pkwy #8
Provo, UT 84604