Your spine is one of the most important parts of your body because it supports most of your daily activities. You want to make sure that you take extra care of your spine and do whatever it takes to get it to its healthiest state and then maintain that. Utah Accident Clinic has worked with many patients who come in for preventative health on their spine. Our staff has a few tips about chiropractic care for spine health.
Tips to maintain a healthy spine
Work on Your Posture
- Many times we tend to forget to work on our posture, especially if we’re not experiencing any back pain. However, when there’s no back pain, that’s the best time to work on your posture. While you are sitting, do your best to sit straight up and avoid slouching. It helps if your feet are flat on the floor and your back is supported.
Sleep with Support
- Although your bed feels comfortable and is not hurting your back, you may be doing damage to it by not properly supporting your spine. It’s important that you do your best not to sleep on your stomach or even flat on your back. If you sleep on your back, put a pillow under your knees to relieve some of that weight that’s pressuring your spine. This is one of the best chiropractic care tips for spine health.The best way to sleep would be on your side, with a pillow in between your legs.
Be Cautious when Lifting
- When you are carrying anything heavy or doing exercises that require you to bend, you want to make sure you don’t force any unnatural movements. When you lift, bend your knees and never bend at your hips to lift something. You also want to do your best to do some back stretches before getting the day started to help with spine mobility.
Keep a Strong Core
- The stronger your abdominal and lower back muscles are, the more it’ll benefit your spine. Work on exercises that will strengthen these areas.
Watch Your Weight
- While maintaining a healthy weight will help your overall body, it will also creative a positive impact on your spine. When you are overweight, there is extra pressure being applied to the ligaments in your back that are working extra hard to support that weight. Do your best to eat a healthy diet and find exercises where you can practice your posture and help you to maintain a healthy weight.
See Utah Accident Clinic Today to Maintain a Healthy Spine
Utah Accident Clinic has experienced chiropractors who can help you to achieve your goal of having a healthy spine and then maintaining it. We will do an in-depth assessment of your spine and create a specialized treatment plan for you. While the first treatment may leave you feeling aches and pains, you will begin seeing improvements shortly after. Our chiropractors want all of our patients to live life to its fullest without any back pain affecting them. We will help to reduce any back pain you may be experiencing and improve mobility. If you are ready to relieve your back pain or want to maintain a healthy spine, call us today for a free consultation.